If you are interested in volunteering for one of these hour long sessions (12:00 PM Pacific time via Webex), or would like to learn more about this activity please contact Jenny Kaminski firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Geary Long email@example.com.
Upcoming Mentoring Topics Offered by Retirees for Boeing Leaders
- How Do I Start to Build a Better Work Network, Tuesday July 27th
- Top 5 Leadership Skills You Can Do Today, Friday August 20th
- How to Thin Out All the Meetings, Tuesday August 31st
- One-on-One Mentoring Opportunities, various dates
2021 Other Mentoring Opportunities (virtual)
- NW Innovation Resource Center (assists entrepreneurs and inventors)
- Washington State University Students
2021 Mentoring Boeing Leaders: May 2021 News
There are 20 BLN-R leaders who have shown their support for this activity which has been well received and appreciated. If you too are a passionate leader who would like to mentor our colleagues – this is a great activity in which to participate!
The following is an example of the appreciation received in response to BLN-R leaders sharing at these events:
“I cannot tell you how much I appreciate the retirees who support the learning & growth of the people. With BLC becoming history, these type of events are so valuable for many of us.”
“I reflected upon their unique journey and found there was one common theme – it’s not like they ‘managed’ their ‘career’, instead, all of them ‘managed’ their performance. They paid attention on negative but constructive feedback, said ‘yes’ to assignment required personal commitment, and managed their own anxiety when it’s uncomfortable. Those are qualities to stay in the course and be able to have a long, fulfilled career…”
“Please forward my appreciation to their support!”
This activity is coordinated and hosted by our Boeing Leadership Network counterparts via a Webex meeting with the objective of sharing leadership experiences. Jenny Kaminski serves as the primary host, running the presentation and guiding everyone through the meeting. She is looking for 2 to 3 retirees per session to share their experiences on the topic of focus. The topics will change each session for a couple of months and then will repeat for those previously unable to attend. Audio recording of these sessions will also take place.
There are two different target audiences each month:
- The first is a New Manager 101 session that takes place on the third Friday of the month. The objective is for a BLN-R member to share their leadership experiences and best practices with folks that are new to management. There will also be time for an open Q&A as well.
- The second is a Manager Mentorship series that takes place every fourth Tuesday of the month. The objective is to discuss selected topics (e.g. Challenging Employees, Motivation, Development, Evaluation) with a group of Boeing Leaders. There will be time for an open Q&A as well.
Past 2021 Mentoring Events
- New Manager Support – First Steps as a New Manager, Friday January 15th
- SOW & Staff Reductions, Tuesday January 26th
- New Manager Support – Employee Performance, Friday February 19th
- Problem Solving, Tuesday February 23rd
- Diversity & Inclusion, Friday March 19th
- Work Culture Changes, Tuesday March 23rd
- Workplace Transformation, Friday April 16
- Career Path Guidance, Tuesday April 27th
- Washington Future Business Leaders of America judging event April
- Emotional Intelligence, Friday May 21
- Setting Boundaries Between Virtual Work and Home Life, Tuesday May 25th
- Change in Organizational Culture, Friday June 18th
- Best Communication Tool to Have as a Leader, Tuesday June 29th
- How to Build Trust with Your Team, Friday July 16th
2020 Mentoring Events
- Boeing Leaders: New Manager Support, Friday November 20th
- Boeing Leaders: Problem Solving, Tuesday November 24th
- Boeing Leaders: Building Trust, Friday December 18th